Mar 19, 2012

My Bestie!

I have such an awesome best friend! She is one amazing girl and I couldn't have asked for a better one (aside from my wonderful husband). Jennifer is such a fantastic listener! We were friends in high school, but rarely talked after graduation. After my miscarriage she wrote me a special message saying that she had experienced the same thing and she let me know that she was there if I ever wanted to talk.
At first I didn't want to talk to anyone about it. I had so much anger and hate that I felt ashamed and guilty for feeling that way. I thought that nobody else could feel as angry as I was. I figured people only felt sad after this sort of a loss... not angry. Nobody really talks about their loss except to say that it happened.
Finally, one day, I don't know why, but I decided to talk to her. I asked her if she felt angry and upset like I did. We got to talking about our feelings after that and we confided in each other about everything. We would complain about seeing other people pregnant, we would build each other up by talking about getting pregnant again. We became best friends through all of this. Through all of our worries, our hopes, our pain, and our happiness.
She made the pain SO much easier to bare... to handle... and especially the anger. I didn't feel alone. I felt like someone actually understood me... understood my inner soul. I didn't want to be angry... but I felt it... I didn't want to be sad, but I was. I hated feeling jealous of other women and friends who were getting pregnant all around me. And she 100% understood.
My hubby was great too, but there is just something about having another girl friend to understand because I feel its almost a deeper pain for most of us because we were the ones carrying a child inside of us... we have that want, that need, for a little baby. Men don't always have that same desire. Men still grieve for the loss, but I don't feel they fully understand or feel all the emotions. For instance, Jordan was sad, but he never felt the anger that I felt... or the jealousy. (I know this because I asked him)
Since then, we have stayed best of friends. When she got pregnant (which happened before me) I wasn't even angry or jealous of her... I was SO happy for her because I knew she deserved this... out of many women out there she truly deserved this chance to be a mommy. And once I got pregnant she was there supporting me. We were there for each other through and through.
Now that we are moms, we don't get to talk as often. Time just passes, days and sometimes weeks go by without talking or texting, but whats amazing is that we have such a strong friendship that it doesn't affect it any. We can pick up and talk one day like we never stopped talking. We aren't angry if we can't make an event for the other one or if we don't see each other every week or even once a month.
Just last week Jordan and I got the opportunity to spend some time in Roy with our families and we got to spend a little time with her and her cute little family. I just adore her little boy! He's such a handsome tyke. Anyway here are pics of our time well spent. :) I hope that Brailey and Connor will grow up being best of friends as well! They looked SO cute together. lol
Me and my bestie! She's holding Brailey and I am holding little Connor man! :) He just kept staring at Brailey it was SOOOO stinkin cute. Either he was wondering what she was or he was jealous that mommy was holding another baby! lol.
Brailey and Connor laying next to each other! Almost 2 months to the day apart from each other. :D
SO CUTE! Love them!

1 comment:

Jen and Christian said...

Amazing how life works out doesn't it! Love you girlie! You will always be my best friend!