Mar 6, 2012

Precious Moments and Memories!

Brailey is now 6 weeks old and I can't believe how fast it has flown by.
She has grown so much already and her features are changing. She is going to be a heart breaker cause she is just a gorgeous girl. I can't believe she was this little. She still is, but she was so much more fragile looking.
Grandpa Wayment holding her after she was born. So tiny.
Great Grandma Smith, Grandma Pitchford, Brailey, and myself. :)
Cousin Adalyn holding Brailey. So cute... she kept begging to hold the baby. :)
Align Center
She really is daddy's princess. :)
Big yawns while laying in her boppy!
Dead asleep on our bed. lol. Such a cute little stinker. :D Its definitely one of her favorite things to do is to sleep. ha ha.
Here are some things I have learned about my baby girl in these 6 weeks.
  • She Loves to sleep, but then again most babies do. lol
  • She loves car rides and falls asleep every time we take her on one.. even if its just taking Jordan up to the school.
  • She also loves her swing or bouncy chair. Basically she just loves movement. This is because she has a mild case of acid reflux and the movement makes the tummy feel better. :)
  • She used to hate diaper changes and baths, but now during diaper changes she just grunts and flails her arms around while viewing the room. Its pretty funny actually. And baths are great so long as you keep her covered in the warm water, which is difficult enough to do.
  • She loves her daddy. She has given him some huge smiles.
  • She loves looking around and staring at everything trying to figure stuff out.
  • She loves tummy time. When I have her on me she is always trying to hold her head up to look at me. And she is already using her legs to push on/off of things so she will be crawling before we know it.
  • She can be stubborn, if we aren't paying full attention to her while she is awake then she starts to give us this very pathetic cry. Its super cute and we laugh every time because its not even a cry... its more of a sigh with a tiny tiny whine in it. I will have to capture it on video sometime cause its sooo cute to listen to.
  • She loves to have her hands up by her head. We think this is cause she had them that way while I was pregnant with her.
  • If she's getting hungry or fussy she likes to suck on anything around her face, whether its her hand, her arm, her daddy's neck, or her blanket.
  • She doesn't mind being dressed as long as she isn't already in a bad mood. lol
  • She hates being swaddled at night at first, but she has dreams of falling if we don't and then she wakes up crying. After I feed her and burp her at night she falls right to sleep and then doesn't mind being swaddled.
  • She already sleeps 4-5 hours straight most nights and then usually another 3 or more after I feed her. She's had a few bad nights, but I think its cause her acid reflux flares up a little and hurts her tummy.
  • She loves to stare at me and its my favorite. She is even starting to search the room for me when daddy holds her and I am talking nearby. She'll just turn her head to where my voice is or she will just follow me til I am close by again.
  • She makes the cutest noises... none of which are considered "cooing" or "talking." She grunts A LOT!! And she makes little squeaks and just random noises.
  • We have to give her this vitamin D liquid everyday just cause her doctor wants to make sure she is getting enough and she hates it. lol. She will swallow it, but she also tries to spit out as much as possible in the process. lol.
  • She's super tickelish. We tickle her tummy all the time and she just squeezes it really tight and grunts. Her neck is super ticklish too. She hates me touching it like when I have to clean it. lol.
  • She smiles mostly in her sleep or when she is about to pass gas, but she has smiled at us quite a bit too.
Overall she is such a sweetie and we love every moment we get to spend with her. I only have another couple weeks until I have to go back to work. :( Luckily, its only for about 5 hours a day, but it will still be hard to leave her. We found her a great daycare so that makes me feel more comfortable leaving her. I haven't been gone from her for more than 3 hours and I was an anxious mess the entire time I was away. I think I just might have an anxiety attack the first week I leave her.
My beautiful girl at 6 weeks old.
We love her more than ever and we are excited to continue to watch her grow and see what more we can learn from this little angel. Brailey is the best gift and blessing we have recieved from our Heavenly Father. I can only imagine that having another baby many years from now (at least 3) will make our lives even more blessed than it already is. :)

No comments: