To get to the point, here is what is new:
Brailey is 14 months old now and she is learning to say words and know their meaning. She is so smart and words can't express the love I have for her. Lately, I have really noticed how much she has grown from the tiny baby I had. I have always known it, but lately its been a longing for that tiny angel in my arms. Needless to say, I have been starting the "baby hungry" phase, which is weird because I was COMPLETELY against having my children close together. I originally wanted them 3 years apart. That way it would give Brailey and me some time together before another baby is thrown in the picture and she has no clue what is going on and why I am not paying attention to her as often. I also thought that it would help having Brailey potty-trained and out of diapers or at least almost out of diapers. My last thought in having them 3 years apart was that I could actually get Brailey to understand what a baby is and that we would be bringing a new one into the family. I wanted her to feel like she was welcoming this baby into the family with us, instead of me just forcing it on her. So when this "baby hungry" feeling hit me, it hit me like a brick wall and it caught me off guard. I'm still trying to recover. Even with all the people around me getting pregnant again, (which is almost everyone) I was SET on waiting til they would at least be 3 years (probably a little longer since I don't want their birthdays the same). I do want to say a 'Bravo' to all you moms that are having yours close together cause I just don't think I could do it. At this point in my story, you are probably thinking "is she pregnant?" ha ha.. No. I am not and I still don't plan to be for a little bit. I guess the news I am trying to get out is that Jordan and I have decided to try for our second baby around August/September. By that time we should have some things figured out and if I get pregnant right away that will put Brailey and the new baby 2.5 years apart, which is perfect timing its not too soon for me, but its not too far either.
Talking about figuring things out leads me to my other news.
For those of you that don't know, Jordan is graduating with 2 degrees this semester. One in Business Management and the other in Marketing. He has done so great even though this has been the worst semester of his life. I am so glad it is almost over. I feel like its been stressing ME out, so I can't imagine what he feels like right now. I have been so worried about what we will do after his graduation with the economy the way it has been. I work with plenty of people who got their degrees and haven't moved on or up in the world. So I was scared that we would be stuck here.
At the beginning of the semester Jordan applied for an internship with Kohls. When he went in for his interview (only 5 people chosen in all of Utah) they told him that the internship applied to people who were going to be IN school, not graduating already. So they automatically interviewed him for Assistant Manager. He then had his second interview with them and they let him know that he got the job! Yay, right? I am definitely excited and a little nervous. He does training for 3 months, starting June 3rd, somewhere along the Wasatch Front and then they will choose what store he will work at. This could be anywhere in Utah (which is where they said they will Try to keep him) or it could be anywhere in the west coast. They were talking about Oregon mostly, but who knows? Its nerve racking not knowing WHERE it will be. So now we are in the process of trying to get the finishing touches on our house so that we can pack up and sell this place. The great thing is that if we do move out of state, after a couple years as an assistant manager for Kohls he not only can become a Manager but he can also transfer back into Utah... plus we will be able to shop at Kohls with his discount. ;) Wahoo... clothes for cheap!
It is so nice feeling like we are going to finally get out of this rut we are in and move on in life. I can't wait to get out of Logan and go somewhere new. See new things, meet new people, go new places. I am overly ready for this.
What else is new?
Me! Really, you might not notice a difference, but I do and that's what counts. I have never been happy with myself. I think it is safe to say that I never will be. I have been working on feeling better about myself though and so I have been attending a gym with a friend of mine from work who is acting as my personal trainer. Going to the gym just isn't enough for me. I can try to work out, but I am always unsure of what machines to use and how much to do. I could push myself, but it took so much longer to see results. Now, I have someone who knows what I need to be doing and what I should work on. And I am already seeing the results. I have seen so many pregnant women working out so I hope that when I get pregnant again that I will be able to keep it up cause with Brailey all I wanted to do was sit around and sleep. lol. All I can say is kudos to those that have the strength to keep it up. I decided to tell one of them that I thought she was awesome for being so strong and she actually told me that she gets sick if she DOESN'T exercise. Wow. Who knew that exercise could help with morning sickness? Hopefully, I will never have to experience morning sickness. It didn't get me with Brailey so I don't think it will get me with the second one. We shall see.
Here I am rambling on about babies... Told you I was baby hungry. lol. Babies, Babies, everywhere. Well, thats all my news for now. :) I will keep up to date in the months to come.
2 comments:
I didnt have any pregnancy symptoms with my first, other than the weight gain. With the second I have had every symptom except the weight gain. Like everything. Hopefully you dont have the same problem. Its so nice having babies far apart. Mylee will be in school when the new baby comes, so I will still be able to give my attention to the new baby when its just us. And Mylee helps me out all the time just being pregnant and she loves seeing the baby on the screen. I know that each person is different, but I am so glad we waited so long to have a second baby.
Good Luck with everything.
I am soo excited for you that you're going to start trying end of summer! It will be fun to hear the BIG news when it comes! All I really wanted to say was just remember God always has a plan, and he knows what you can handle etc. I always wanted my kids close so that they could be the best of friends and play together, be there for each other at school etc. I know it will be hard in the beginning while they're both little, but at the same time Boston is soo entertained by other kids, I know he will love it. Anyways... I was aiming for about 2 yrs apart maybe a little more and then.... Heavenly Father had a different plan for us. :) It's scary at times, but I know that HE knows what I can handle and he'll give me the strength and knowledge to get through. Whatever happens with you will be the same way. :) It always made me feel better too when Andrew and I would pray and say something like, "Heavenly Father, this is what we're thinking/planning for right now. If you agree that's in our best interest please help things to go accordingly, If not please help us both to feel a different feeling!"
Sure love ya girl! And you are BEAUTIFUL! Love yourself!! You deserve it! And then sweet Brailey will learn to love herself by watching you!
Post a Comment