Growing up I never realized how much I took my parents for granted. I never paid attention to how much they gave me, helped me, taught me, and loved me. Even after I got married I only scratched the surface of understanding how they felt. Now that I am a mother I realize more than ever how amazing my parents were and still are. Very few people can truly understand a mothers love until they are a mother (or parent) themselves.
I could never understand as just a daughter or a wife all that my mom and dad did for me. I never knew the love I could feel for one tiny person and how instant and strong that love could be. I never knew all that I would be willing to give for Brailey... and in a heartbeat. There is no greater reward then loving my daughter, seeing her happy, and knowing that she loves me even though she can't yet say the words. My parents gave me everything they could just to see me happy because they loved me... they raised me the best way that they knew how and all they wanted in return was my love and happiness. I look at my daughter and I just feel such a powerful love and bond with her. She is such an important part of my life as will be any of my other children. I don't know what I would do without her.
I am not only grateful for my parents here on earth, but for my Heavenly parents. If I can feel this love for Brailey, I can only imagine the love They have for each of us. The pain They have to bare when They see us struggle and the joy They have when we overcome our trials. They gave Their only Begotten Son so that we could repent of our sins and live again. What absolute love! I am grateful for the chance They have given me to feel and experience that love.
I love being a mom. I know there are more trials up ahead, but nothing will ever make me stop loving my daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment